Montana Legal Questions - Ask a queston

If the bank has given me notice of a foreclosure date, how long do I have to file bankruptcy to stop it?

← Back to Questions

August 16, 2011, 12:34 pm

You must file a Petition before the bankruptcy Court and that will result in an automatic stay, and stop foreclosure for a period of 60 days upon which time the Morgage company may receive relief from the stay through a motion in bankrupcy court.  We have more information on our website   Thank you for your question. 

Scott Anderson, Esq.


Back to Top